Sunday, July 5, 2015

Frownland #1

I've been doing 'Sketch Sunday' now for over a year. One of the reasons for its longevity has been the terrific response on my social media pages - lots of likes, shares, and comments.

It's been so successful in fact, that it's given me the confidence to try something I've been wanting to do for a long time; evolve Sketch Sunday into an official weekly strip.

There won't be a huge change from what I've been posting throughout the year; only now there will be a panel around the image, and a title at the top. But that little difference gives it a different slant. It's now a comic strip that doesn't have to be funny - it can be sad, or disturbing, or just observational. It ties together two of my biggest influences - 'The Far Side' and 'Garbage Pail Kids'.

So thank you for all the love and support for 'Sketch Sunday', and I hope you find 'Frownland' equally, if not more, engrossing!

No comments:

Post a Comment