Sunday, February 26, 2012

"HELP WANTED" Screens At The 2nd Annual Albany Film Festival!


Saturday, March 3rd. I'll be rolling into Albany, CA for the 2nd annual Albany Film Fest, to appear as a guest speaker alongside a screening of HELP WANTED.

This is doubly cool because Albany, CA is were I grew up, and joining me will be fellow filmmaker, local (and old friend) Hoku Uchiyama. You may be familiar with him as the director of the new Evelyn Evelyn video Have You Seen My Sister Evelyn? He will be screening his short film 'Rose', and will join me on stage afterwords for the ten minute Q&A. This is the first time Hoku and I have ever screened or interviewed together, despite having known each other since 1992!
Also present will be legendary filmmaker Les Blank, who will be serving as head judge.

The festival is being held at the Albany Community center, a location that both Hoku and I exploited for our high school film adventures. I loved this place as a kid due to it's passing resemblance of a set from "The Adventures Of Baron Munchhausen". Judge for yourself:


I will have a small table set up at the show, which will include my mailing list sign up sheets, T-shirts, and some beautiful, double sided color postcards from the fine folks over at P.S Print!

THE 2ND ANNUAL ALBANY FILM FESTIVAL


SATURDAY, MARCH 3RD


10:00AM - 11:00PM


ALBANY COMMUNITY CENTER

1249 Marin Ave, Albany, California


$5.00 FOR THE WHOLE DAY!


Hoku and I will take the stage at 3:00pm to be introduced, which will be followed by the two films and a ten minute Q&A with the audience.


Take care, and if you live in the area, plunk down your hard earned $5.00 and support independent cinema!


Rose from Hoku Uchiyama on Vimeo.





Help Wanted from Waylon Bacon on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment