Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sketch Sunday 05/24/15

Happy Sketch Sunday! Below is a drawing I did for my dear friend Jim Coulter. I've known Jim since 2001, when he agreed to play the lead part in one of my first attempts at a short, 'John Doe In The City'. The film took forever to shoot, and a strong friendship was formed. You might have seen him since as the guy who runs over Bob in 'Bob', the father in 'My Worst Nightmare', and the hobo with a pussy eye in 'Help Wanted'.

But in addition to his acting skills, he's also a musician, and has been working on an album of cynical and humorous songs, many of which I've been familiar with over the last ten years of knowing him. One of my favorites has always been 'The Shit You Get For Christmas', so I was excited when he asked me to draw a picture for the song when it becomes available as a download on his label Super Cool Tunes.
The song isn't available yet, but I'll be sure to let you all know when it is. In the meantime, take a look at the drawing in all it's garish glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment